The Dual Credit Issue Brief, developed by Hawai’i P-20, summarizes dual credit options available in the State of Hawai’i and highlights early results that demonstrate the impact and benefits of dual credit participation on college access and persistence rates. This report also includes personal testimonies from students, parents and a teacher explaining their personal experiences with dual credit.
– Early Higher Education Spurs Positive Changes, Honolulu Star Advertiser, February 6, 2017
– Never too Early for College, Star Advertiser Editorial, February 5, 2017
– Help More Students Earn College Credit, Star Advertiser Editorial, September 24, 2016
– Dual Credit Programs Found to Boost College Going Rates, Star Advertiser, September 19, 2016
– Hawai‘i Dual Credit High Schoolers More Likely to go to College, Hawai‘i News Now, September 8, 2016
– Students Get a Head Start on College, Star Advertiser, April 25, 2016
Below are a summary of results on the benefits of dual credit programs on student success featured in the report: