2015-16 DUAL CREDIT ISSUE BRIEF
The Dual Credit Issue Brief, developed by Hawai‘i P-20, summarizes dual credit options available in the State of Hawai‘i and highlights early results that demonstrate the impact and benefits of dual credit participation on college access and persistence rates. Click here for more information.
COMBATING CHRONIC ABSENTEEISM
Attendance Works created the following resource specifically for Hawai‘i State Department of Education (HIDOE) middle schools with support from the Harold K.L. Castle Foundation and Hawai‘i P-20. The five sections can be used to inform administrators, counselors, and teachers how to reduce absenteeism in their schools. Other resources can be found at the Attendance Works website, www.attendanceworks.org.
- Reducing Chronic Absence – Why Does it Matter? What Can We Do?
- Why Does Attendance Matter for Achievement – What We Know From Research Around the Country
- Chronic Absence in Hawai‘i
- How Can We Address Chronic Absence?
- Additional Resources
- Additional Reading:
COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS INDICATORS REPORTS
The College and Career Readiness Indicators Report (CCRI) has been developed through Hawai‘i P-20 in partnership with the Hawai‘i Department of Education (DOE) and the University of Hawai‘i (UH). This report presents information on how well Hawai‘i’s graduates are prepared to meet the DOE’s Vision of a High School Graduate. Indicators selected for this report are based on recommendations from Measures that Matter: Making College and Career Readiness the Mission of High Schools (http://www.achieve.org/node/79). Indicators were also chosen on the basis of the accessibility of the data source and its impact on improving student readiness for the workforce or post-secondary education. Additional measures for this report will be incorporated as data becomes available. The purpose of this technical report is to provide a summary of the key readiness indicators, data sources, and other relevant information.
- Class of 2015 College and Career Readiness Indicators Report by School – NEW!
- Class of 2014 College and Career Readiness Indicators Report by School
- Class of 2013 College and Career Readiness Indicators Report by School
- Class of 2012 College and Career Readiness Indicators Report by School
- Class of 2011 College and Career Readiness Indicators Report by School
- Class of 2010 College and Career Readiness Indicators Report by School
- Class of 2009 College and Career Readiness Indicators Report by School
HAWAI‘I P-20 SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
HAWAI‘I P-3 INITIATIVE
- P-3 Issue Brief – Winter 2013
- P-3 Issue Brief – June 2012
- 2014 Kellogg Annual Report
- 2013 Kellogg Annual Report
- 2012 Kellogg Annual Report
- 2012 Kellogg Equity-Oriented Statewide Model of Children’s School Readiness Report
- Kellogg Foundation
- Hawai‘i P-3 Partners
THE HAWAI‘I CAREER READY STUDY
The 2012 Hawai‘i Career Ready Study, prepared by Storyline Consulting and released by Hawai‘i P-20 Partnerships for Education, cites the importance of rigorous preparation in school so entry-level employees are “career ready.” Over 120 Hawai‘i employers hiring in today’s economy participated in the updated study through interviews and a survey that focused on “living wage” career pathways. With the convergence of skill requirements needed for entry into college and a living wage career, this study provides updated data and information to support the progress of Hawai‘i’s overall college- and career-ready efforts.
CORE TO COLLEGE RESOURCES
COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS
- American College Application Campaign
- Complete College America
- Hawai‘i Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Report – July 2011
- Hawai‘i Graduation Initiative
HAWAI‘I P-20 ANNUAL REPORTS
- 2015-2016 Annual Report
- 2014-2015 Annual Report
- 2013-2014 Annual Report
- 2012-2013 Annual Report
- 2011-2012 Annual Report
- 2010-2011 Annual Report
- 2009-2010 Annual Report
HAWAI‘I P-20 FACT SHEET